St. Barnabas Episcopal mission was established on September 24, 1882 by the Rev. Robert B. Wolseley in the developing town of DeLand, Florida.  The cornerstone for the main sanctuary that still stands today was laid on November 1, 1883 and dedicated on April 12, 1884.

To be continued...







"Our Heritage: The History of St. Barnabas Episcopal Church"
Copyright 1982 by Blanche Mercer Fearington